Friday, May 1, 2009

Small Accomplishments


I will admit that I am one who fails to recognize the small, simple accomplishments. It is as if they are so small that they never existed. I was reminded by the following passage that I must learn to recognize them. It isn't necessary to accomplish a great deal. But small steps lead to a big leap. It is not necessary to be recognized. But oneself must give the value merited. By learning to live in the now (as my significant partner instructs me) I could become more aware and thus learn to value those accomplishments weather small or large.

It is said by the masters that even a little poison can cause death, and even a tiny seed can
become a huge tree. And as Buddha said: "Do not overlook negative actions merely because
they are small; however small a spark may be, it can burn down a haystack as big as a
mountain." Similarly he said, Do not overlook tiny good actions, thinking they are of no
benefit; even tiny drops of water in the end will fill a huge vessel."
By Sogyal Rinpoche
in the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

I will review my actions during the past day!


No comments: