Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gratitude Journal Entries

Sometimes we aren't aware of all the little but great things that happen to us day by day. We expect magnificent incidents to be worthy of gratefulness. But all of the little things are just equally important and deserving of recognition.

I keep meaning to start a gratitude journal and just never get around to it. Since I haven't started one I tell myself that in the meantime I will make mental notes but then I slip. In the day to day events, I forget to take notice of all of the things that I should be grateful for. That is, until something makes me take notice again. I believe in the journal because it makes you more conscious, as it forces you to reflect.

I thought that I would make a quick entry on my blog of a few things that I am grateful about. Of course, I could have easily made a longer list but for readers' sake, I will only post some.

- had an extra charge (partial) on my internet bill because I switched to a bundle package, I called my provider, the charge was reversed.

- not having to pay my electric bill for a couple of months because I overpaid.

- made 2 phone calls and the outcome was positive, I obtained the information needed.

- both incidences above, the representatives were very pleasant and helpful

(It is always a nice experience to deal with people who are helpful and polite.)

- Cely (daughter) texting me: "luv u".

- getting a hug from Cely when I arrived home yesterday.

- Tara (dog) always being happy when I arrive home.

- getting a clean bill of health from the vet for Alaima (other cat).

- getting a discount on Linthia's (cat) medication and once again, the pharmacist was very nice.

- being able to afford Linthia's medication.

- a moment of sitting down and enjoying a warm cup of coffee.

- Dad thinking about me and making a quick visit to bring me food.

Are you grateful for the little things?


No comments: